Thursday, June 7, 2012

////

You got more than you where bargaining for Bafana

And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”  For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ
1 Cor 5:18-21

Visiting a life group today of one of my supporters who had invited me upon request, it was a great privilege and humbling experience to share about my ministry. Going up there, it was my prayer that the Lord fills my heart with words of encouragement for them as Christians and also share with them what I am doing during my year of internship in ministry and how they could be partners. The tone as I sat down listening to an Andy Stanley North Point Church series titled Simple: follow, believe, obey; they are going through as a life which itself pointed to the redemptive work of Christ and how we to are to respond in following Him, having that belief that He is who scripture reveals He is, having no mental reservations none what so ever. This slowly progressed to a point where I just felt the Lord telling me, it wasn't an audible voice or anything, but I shared with what ministry has looked like on our campuses, focusing on the ministry of reconciliation that the Lord has under taken ever since we had fallen from that position of being made right with God. The above scripture in portions stringed through my mind and words Anele had constantly been saying last year, I just had not taken in the serious gravity of what he was saying. From the word go, we have a 'clear' understanding with no under tones of what the Great Commission requires of everyone who is a true disciple of Christ but more so what became a sobering thought, not taking away from that scripture its richness is how the Lord has been reconciling the Word to Himself through Christ and that He has been doing it. When God made His appeal through Christ, He modeled for us, what ministry we have been called into. That dawned out to one me like a ton of fair bricks! It says: and he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. so we are Christ's ambassadors and God is making his apeal through us'. Anything past that - past the fact that we are called to partner with Christ in reconciling with God the world back to him so that we can be called children of God, made right (righteous) with God!

This is more than I was bargaining for when I asked my supporter for an opportunity to speak at his life group. Standing there and sharing what and how the Lord has been doing on campus with our students, His redemptive work in my life, is nothing short of a great praise to Him. In more ways than one, tonight was very encouraging to have been there and I appreciate all the support I had received from the Price family, my team and everyone who had been praying for me for this afternoon.

Bafana

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Anele said... June 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

    This is awesome bro. I'm glad you enjoyed your time sharing about your ministry with life group. We have this message of Reconcialiation and God is making His appeal to the world through us. What a Priviledge and an honor to be part of God's Redemptive Work.

Post a Comment