Wednesday, September 5, 2012

////

Let it rain

I'm not sure what biblical significance rain has but once again the Lord has totally awed me today. The last time I wrote an entry on a rainy day was when I had an MPD appointment in town with a financial head of a reputable paint store in Pinetown. After the toil of that morning I went into that appointment in eager expectation. Of what really, it was more of could this day get any worse? Well the outcome of that day excited me that I blogged about it - something I hardly ever do.

Same story today, different situation. Having to go to campus this morning with rain beating on my sweater it was more of...do I really have to do this. I knew I had commitments and had arranged follow up meetings with two students - that I had to honour without a shadow of doubt so any pathetic excuse I would make would triumph meeting students hence why bother make any.

My first follow up was with a student I met 2 weeks back. Having to speak with him I wasn't ready to share the spiritual laws with him (warning: don't do this at home - unless under the Holy Spirit) so I just left him a copy and asked him to go through it and I would call him later. 2 weeks down the line I meet him and encouraged to see he actually did go through them. Sharing it with him, he shared he really didn't experience the peace, joy, satisfaction of having accepted Christ back in high school; that the life he had been living was not really Christ-filled and directed which was a concern for him. Cut it short, he rededicated his life to Christ and we will be meeting for further follow ups.

I met a student I've been having follow-up bible study with him. We spoke about confidence in Gods promises largely focusing on relationship and fellowship with God. It came to the part that we were to pray to close our meeting and I asked him are there any areas he would want me to pray for and he shared those. Later asking him if he could pray for me he was shocked. 'I've never prayed for anyone before' he said. I wanted him to pray for me even more! When he did I was like 'Really now!'. Holy Spirit explosion there. I'm not sure I should say this but that was a great prayer - now I want him to pray for me more and more.

Thank you rain for blessing my day!

We thank God for all the fruits on our campus and please continue praying for our leaders
Bafana
http://madidab.blogspot.com/

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment