Wednesday, February 15, 2012

////

Pretoria Training







The 'new-bees' of CCC-SA (Students and Interns from UP, UWC, UJ)

These past 2 weeks have been intense in that my team and I headed to Pretoria for staff training. The excitement, thrill and joy I came with was soon over come by trying to keep up in note taking, absorbing all that was taught in our seminars. For a second there I felt like a newspaper journalist covering one of the biggest  international stories. By the first week done with some of the basics such as confidently sharing your faith, other training sessions involved developing a relationship with God, biblical call to making disciples, learning to pray, one of my favourite - being life-long learners, Kingdom vision, being spirit filed and the list goes on. That Saturday we went out with The Jesus Film Team over to Nulmapiers, which is a short distance from Mamelodi, Pretoria to show the Jesus Film (The Gospel according to Luke) in...wait for it...SETSWANA language. It was the first time ever watching the Jesus Film I confess furthermore in an official South African language hyped me up a bit - no limitations to how the Gospel is shared so that.

One of the last few machines used for showing Jesus Film
Going out to share our faith with my team in the community was extremely different and to a certain degree difficult, compared to university students. I met 3 boys during the outreach. After sharing with them and praying for them, I took time to listen to their stories, who they are, where they from. What I discerned, ,besides what they told me, was how they are far from God. I felt a strong urge to take their contacts and I did but I did not follow-up on them - learning during the week to understand that “Successful witnessing is taking the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God” I would normally try to take control over the situation but I was rebuked by the Holy Spirit on that. I most probably will never meet these guys again but one assurance I have is that the Holy Spirit was working in them and I was a vehicle used to planting that seed - now is the Lords responsibility to water in. Though I am over 600 km's away from them, I pray over their lives, standing in agreement.


Some of the young guys who accepted Christ during the outreach

The Jesus Film in Setswana - we showed it at an open sports ground

4 of the ladies from the training team praying before the outreach

Some of the new interns from University of Pretoria and Johannesburg...learnt alot from the testimonies
of these 3 amazing young friends of mine




Bafana

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Alyssa said... February 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM

    You a a baller! I'm so excited to read your blog all year!

Post a Comment