Saturday, March 17, 2012

////

2 Gr8 Comm's

Its past midnight and I am still up! Trend of sleeping late is starting to get its share of disapproval from my 'morning' version. My 'morning' self feels so cheated of sleep when he wakes up from a late night. Anyways, back to the topic. I watched a quit refreshing seminar by Mr. Tim Keller, the founding Pastor of the Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NYC, and he was speaking on The Gospel and Poor. Hold up...lemmi pick up my notes (jokes). He spoke about a servant heart essentially. One crucial noteworthy point that we, as Christians, should be not only be aware off but demonstrate in our daily. By no means is it radical but necessary. I know I might get some slack from evangelist but I sincerely have faith that in all Jesus demonstrated for us was so that we would know how to serve others, not only spiritually but certainly physically and emotionally! The 2 Gr8 Com's I call the them (Great Commission and Great Commandments) aren't separate two 'concepts'. There is to a large extent a level of synergy between the two and its a matter of us balancing the two, which is quite difficult not impossible, as opposed to saying which is the most important between the two.

James 2:14 all the way down is one of the most confusing text if taken with an already made up mind, which had been for me some few years ago. What Tim says, which I quite resonate with, is that looking at Romans and Acts we see there Paul preaching and teaching alot on justification by faith as well as imputed righteousness with grace being what we saved by (just the gist of it the) and a few books down the line there you have James saying: "Ye...show me your deeds that gave you faith, that justified you.". That's basically what his suggesting....right?....WRONG! What his saying is that because you have been justified, you understand what it means to be a slave, to be broken, to be poor, to be naked, to be hungry most importantly you are saved by grace. Loosely putting it, now good works are to follow. There is no contradiction non-what so ever! Not only did Jesus, bench-mark of our faith, demonstrate the Great Commission and trusted that ministry over to us but he as effectively demonstrated the Great Commandment - finding the balance between the two is essential as these, I mentioned before are in synergy! I am still learning to find the balance between the two!


Bafana

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment