Monday, September 3, 2012

////

Not A Fan Student Camp



Its seems like for the next couple of months if not until the end of year, my internship will hint out the contribution the MK2MK Conference 2012 had of great significance in my life. 

Its that time of the year when we are head in with preparations for the up coming student camp. There is certainly a long road that stands between the last camp  we had in 2011 with the students on campus to the camp we would have now. With 3 weeks closing in faster than liking whats needs to be prepared and planned for this camp in particular is overwhelming and certainly one good trait that would be helpful is team work.


Theme: for two weeks now we have been sitting in Staff Meeting discussing what is the difference between a FAN and a FOLLOWER. This was sparked from the prescribed read for the MK2MK Mission Trip 'Not a fan' by Kyle Idleman. I wouldn't do much justice trying to explain what the book speaks about and I dont even want to rob you of the opportunity to read it for yourself but my suggestion is if your new in faith or more especially been walking with God for some years whatever the case may be you certainly need to cough up 100 bucks, go your nearest CUM Bookstore and buy it and spend the entire weekend reading it. I have been discovering myself what it actually means to be COMPLETELY/COMMITTED/FOLLOWER - it has certainly cast light in areas in my life where I have had some reservations in following Christ but that shouldn't be the case (anyway back to camp). Please pray for us as we ourselves read through that book to better lead this coming camp.

I am looking forward to this camp and will blog regularly about how God has been so in our face with that!

Peace

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment