Wednesday, October 3, 2012

////

Passion World Tour


 
Louie Giglio is the senior pastor of Passion City Church in Atlanta, Georgia. The first time I came to know of him is when at my second Campus Crusade for Christ Student Camp in 2010 the interns who were serving with our ministry back then: Barrett, Dan, Alyssa, Julie, Katie, Franchesca, Anele played one of his well observed sermon called 'Indescribable'. Watching it at all times takes me back to how small I am and how GREAT God is. I really cant and wont even try to make justice and explain what he talks about but you need to head to your nearest CUM books and look for that DVD. 
Its amazing how these tickets were organized for us and I praise God for that. With the help of Passion City Church and Barrett asking them, we got to get 10 tickets to attend this one time installment in Durban. The students had an amazing time in worship and we definately and individually had God speak to us in some of the areas of struggle that we are in prayer with Him. This was not a concert or a night out with friends, it was an appointment with God and He definitely met us and spoke through the speaker, Louie, and most certainly through the worship!

The entire internship team was there and so where 5 more students through sponsorships. Below are some of their testimonies
Some students from Westville and Howard
Nqoba, Roxy, Trushka
Ben Skev

Ben Skev and Lwanda
As gates open
Tamara (Howard) : "The concert was extraordinary, the powerful worship session headed by Chris Tomlinson and Matt Redman, which was such a beautiful experience as they led us into a deeper worship time with God. Louis Gigilo preached such an amazing word, using Psalm 148- "PRAISE THE LORD". Through explaining the different sounds of the stars and the deeper oceans, showing that the earth makes music in worship to God, this was such an eye opener and I felt compelled to praise God more through this time as I realised how amazing he truly is"

Ben (Westville):  "Passion was the first time in a few years that i was able to just let go and worship God with everything i have. For the first time in about 2 years, i'm excited - truely, authentically, honestly excited - for Christ, not for what he can give me personally or give to the westville CCC, but just being overjoyed in Him. I know that Christ could overcome situations and bring hope to the hopeless, and I praise God for the revival that He is doing in my life, and I want to just say again thank you for blessing me and the other Campus Crusade guys & girls with those tickets. Rejoice! Jesus is alive!"

Lwanda (Westville): "I have never been to a worship concert before and I am really excited that the first one I went to was by Louie Giglio. I had a great time worshipping the Lord unashamedly.The concert was awesome wow!!! jah was so so so good. Now i feel fire up for the Lord"

--


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment