Wednesday, January 25, 2012

////

Retreat/Faith

Nearly two weeks ago my team and I had gone over to a Staff Retreat for the Durban CCC Staff! It appeared more of a combination of individuals from a high school, a cocktail of juniors with seniors and the executive staff of the school. Certainly, my team was the youngest 'new kids around the block' however it didn't feel like that. We were ushered into the Durban team that had been made of Jon and Marie-Jean Templehoff, Gary and Cheryl Price, Sarie, Pastor Goba, Mpumi and Anele (and Mel who had not been with us due to an operation that took her out a bit). Some of the key points which encircled our retreat was the characteristics of a great team and this was surely a great opportunity to reconnect with God after an entire 2 months of holidays. Indeed it was great getting to know Sarie who grew up in a farm just outside Johannesburg and loves biltong, or Marie-Jean who can spend the entire day cooking or reading a good book, or  Gary an avid golfer and biggest Isidingo fan, Anele who never eats his vegetables and fish. Highlights of the retreat, there was alooooot of candy - I am not a big fan of chocolate (well because my doctor said it messes with my braces...thanx a milliion doc) but that weekend . . . oh man - we were covered in chocolate . . .  for a second I felt like the running tap water is chocolate water : fudge, caramel, coconut coated chocolate, nutty chocolate - YOU NAME IT!

On a different note, this week I have been learning quite much about faith! I love faith! I enjoy seeing what the bible teaches us about faith! What really strikes me about faith in the bible is when Luke writes about Zechariah the Priest in Chapter 1. To read that chapter in context - I am confounded on the amount of faith Zech had. Not in faith that God will bless them with a child but faith in that God's character remains the same. If he lacked faith....would he still have continued to intercede for the people at the temple, serving as one who keeps the incense burning on the alter....would he have bothered? Indeed, though the Lord had not answered his prayers, he still had conducted his priestly duties. The principle for me here is so amazing more especially when doing ministry work. Just because I am still waiting on the Lord for that blue house, does that have to limit me on how I express  Him or reduce the prayer I say over a sick primary school boy in Ntuzuma? Grilling that into my head for the past 5 months, faith is what will keep you intact.

Friday is our students are having a Leadership Meeting at Westville Baptist Church so thats gonna be fun and eager in seeing them all then this Saturday will be heading to Pretoria, Campus Crusade Head Offices for MPD and Intern training. Will also get to meet some of the new interns/stinters in South Africa in different parts of the country and on different campuses and university!

Bafana

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment