Friday, January 6, 2012

////

Taking family to Durban for New Year's


My family decided to head down to Durban for New Year's celebration and I thought why not join them and be a tour guide for a week. Though I came back with a terrible cough, darn that aircon, everything is getting better. I got to see some of  my friends as well who I haven't spoken to to over 3 months, also visited the staff at Ukukhanya and some of the boys I took to camp during the 2011 OVC. One of them  wasn't really feeling well - he had a cold and so he didn't have a good New Year entry into 2012 but his getting better because spoke to him when I got back to Johannesburg and though he sounded much out of breath as he did when I spoke to him, he told me he was getting better.

Recently got shocking news that my high school classmate from Athlone Boy's High, Wandile Mtshali passed on during the course of this week! You could imagine how untimely passing can be so tragic more especially for this young man's family and friend. Still waiting to hear on his funeral arrangements - this comes in when at the same time have to head back to Durban for our intern training and student leadership planning meeting with the other interns! But I have faith everything will work out and will attend his funeral.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment