Tuesday, May 15, 2012

////

Raining appointment

As I walk out of my apartment gate, Mom Price reminds me and shares that: "Remember in many cultures rain is considered a blessing. So what blessings does He have in store for Bafana today?". The entire taxi ride to my support appointment, it rings in my head, I reply with a conventional "LOL!" gesture. I'm thinking: "Dude you so uncultured, remember Shaka Zulu, tribe meetings they told you about this 'blessing', on and on!" Oh stop it, you cracking yourself up with your sense of humour.

Replay an hour before I got to that point, I was running frantically (well that's an exaggeration but you get my point) anyways, I was running frantically in the house preparing for my support appointment this morning. I still had envelopes to seal, odd pages to print, preparations for our meeting with the MK2MK planning team, Ps. Goba, Mpume Mthembu and Mom Price. Across the printer is the glass door and I hear this stone beat on in. At first I ignore it and then a triple beat almost simultaneously. I go to check outside and to my amazement, small marble size ice hit the tarred driveway - now that's me thinking to myself I'm still half asleep because that couldn't possibly happen: not in Durban and definitely NOT TODAY! I brace myself with sneaks which surely will give me a grip in the bustle of Pinetown as us, the working class, navigate through and a grip on the situation really. MPD appointment and hail at the same time - I'm definitely not prepared for this. Support appointment - ye I got this on lock down but hail...you must have a great sense of humour mother earth. Wrapping everything up and running into the raging furnace of hydrogen dioxide (sounds wrong), half way the rain stops! Yikkes. Only to find, 10 minutes in my taxi ride, Humpty Dumpty falls again, raging like mad. 5 minutes under the umbrella jeans are wet and I feel washed up ... support appointment here I come ... NAY!

Sigh! MPD for the couple of months has been a course, a course to train me and my team, sharpening us ... for what? not sure as yet but I've got my fingers pointed somewhere!

Psalm 105:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!

Praise the Lord! The earth is filled with His goodness. Praise the Lord for this amazing opportunity to share on what He has been doing in our campuses, the impact He has had on our students. To share His doings in our city. Praise the Lord for giving me this opportunity to share a testimony! Through the rain, your mercy and grace prevails! Let the nations be glad for you have watered the seeds to grow, you have filled water in a rural drum so that kids can have water to wash their hands before they eat. Trully I say, you have blessed your people by your character which surpasses all understanding!
Serving Christ together

Bafana
http://bmadida.blogspot.com/

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment