Thursday, May 10, 2012

////

Bye Vusi

Be still and know that I am God. A hymn we sang monotonously at my primary school. Rethinking it, just refreshes the humble and honest memories of being a young lad, who was at that time more worried that he hasn't done his homework rather than wrestling with God. The Lord just laid this Psalm in my heart this morning and the entire day as I had woken up to the tragic news of a young friend of mine who lost his battle to AIDS. Filled with so many questions at first, all unanswered with only one answer that for me, sealed our debacle - Be still and know that I am God. 'Don't question my ruling, my decision. As I have given life which brings glorious joys and praise to my name, surely I don't deserve judgement and curses when I take my creation to a place I have consecrated as Holy. Do you not trust me with him. I have taken him from a world of mayhem, evil, sin, destruction, imperfection, impurity and all that is detestable to me. Do you not think for a second he would want to be with me, away from a dependence of a cocktail of drugs, away from a society that has rejected him due to his parents sins, away from his fickle body that lacks nourishment! Be still my son and know that I am God. His surely peaceful where he is, so have peace where you are my son'

Bafana

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment