Friday, July 6, 2012

////

Her in my memory

Sitting right across my mom at the memorial service of my sister. Eyes blood shot red, the pain she is feeling resonates when she looks at me. She can't hide it though she tries as much as she can. Looking away in an escape route not to start playing the chords to the song that will sound when all is said and done and it sinks in: 'My baby girl has left me.' She is strong . . . I convince myself - she is strong . . . but this strong, a chill comes up my spine to think of the road that lies ahead. When she looks at me, I think, she see's her girl - I don't know how to feel, how do you feel when she has been taken away. What is there to feel because they all come gushing in! When do you feel because it pains her when she see's it paining me.

Lerato is her name - beautiful name for a beautiful sister. Her name means LOVE! Listening to testimonies shared by her close friends - she loved the Lord! She loved her church, she was growing spiritually! She loved singing, she love worshiping! Beautiful name indeed, worth to be tatooed in remembrance #thinking.

Next to me sits my cousins, her name is Lerato as well. I sometimes think of the intimate relationship they both shared. Being a brother and not being around much to see her grow is what's challenging me now but I've been blessed to have people who have been around her that she looked up to, those who kept her in check in her defaults! That's really beautiful.

For some time, it had not sinked in. For a second I thought to myself: 'they speak about her as if she is dead' sudden truth hits me.

We can do this Lord. You can do this! You can heal all wounds, reshape all hearts, rebuild my family. Nick sent me this scripture - The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. I trust you are capable to do so! We are your righteous and you have declared us so!
Bafana
http://bmadida.blogspot.com/

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment